Monday, August 3, 2009

A day in Homer.

What a beautiful Place. If I had to live here in Alaska
Homer would be where I could make my home.




This photo was taken at the top of the "Bluff" and the land
you can see going out to sea is known as the "Spit".
It's 5 miles long, with some of the best fish & chips in the State.
Shop's and fishermen on both banks.



I was lucky to see this ugly looking fish caught. I was told it
is a delicacy. Its called a "Skulpin".
This one weighed in at about 4.lb





Here's me looking at you....



Can you see the glacier in the back ground? WOW !



Spirit of the North

On the way home we made a stop at Norman Lowell's gallery.
We were welcomed by Norman and his wife Libby.
What a talent he has.



Journey into the Deep Forest



Place of Rest

No comments: