Thursday, December 17, 2009

We have now moved to Catalina Spa and RV Resort, in Desert Hot Springs. It is about 20 miles from TT Palm Springs, and in a much more peaceful setting. No noise from the nearby frequent trains, or the adjacent I 10 freeway. Heaven.
They have 5 pickle ball courts here, but sadly I (Jim) have been unable to play since we arrived, as I injured my back playing at TT on Monday. Hopefully I will get to play at least once before we leave next Tuesday.
The weather here continues to be glorious, with warm sunny days, and daytime temps now in the mid 70s. It does cool pretty quick once the sun sets, with night time lows in the mid 40's. I will take this weather any time over what we usually get at home in the UK this time of year.

Yesterday morning we had a visitor. A lady by the name of Linda, who acts as a "Park Greeter". What a great idea. She came into our motorhome, and gave us leaflets on the area, and told us of all the must see and do things, while in the area. So often when you visit a place for a short time you miss out on some great sights, or fail to visit some great location, simply because you didn't know. She tries to visit with every new arrival. More parks should take this on board I think.
So, we now have a long list of things we hope to do whilst here.

No comments: