Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Eve

old town xmas eve 014

Alan and Trudy, Mark and Chris and Jim &  I set off to Old Town State Park in San Diego. Jim and I visited 5 years ago. We spent a few hours walking around and going in to the old stores selling old fashioned sweets, doing  candle making,  & of course there had to be a ROCK SHOP. And many more, all types of stores selling and showing all manner of goods for sale. 

 

old town xmas eve 025

Chris & Trudy (love the Christmas Jumper Trudy, I think you should pass it down the Heather…….. )

old town xmas eve 016

Trudy and I sit for a rest….

old town xmas eve 010 

An old Wells Fargo stage coach.

old town xmas eve 022

Mark really fancied him self in these passion killers. 

old town xmas eve 013

I just loved this little tree.

old town xmas eve 039

We went down near the Harbor for a fish & Chips lunch. And we got to see the “Star Of India”, the oldest sea going ship in the world, with a Christmas tree on top.

old town xmas eve 042

_MG_9963_edited-1

 It had to be done

This statue is new, and is modeled  from a famous photo taken at the end off the  2nd world war.

old town xmas eve 051

The Bob Hope bronze collection.  With US Midway in the back ground.

old town xmas eve 056

old town xmas eve 072

old town xmas eve 074

We ended the day with a gorgeous  sun set.

No comments: