Thursday, July 9, 2009

Drive to Chicken Alaska.



Over on the "free" ferry from Dawson City.


Parked at the summit of "Top of the World" Highway .


Two "Wild" girl's on the "Top of the World".


WE GOT HERE AT LAST....


6 Hours to do just over 100 miles on this road surface.

We can not wash the vehicles here as they have to get the water tanked in.
We have never seen so much dust, in and out side the RV & car, I could be cleaning for a month but I won't........................
As I said, we are now in Chicken and will stay for 5 nights and get "GOLD". Watch this space....
We were met on arrival at the camp ground by an enthusiastic Greg & Marilyn, Gundyville On Wheels who are work camping here, and whom we met 2 years ago at Peace River FL. Greg has promised to take us fossilising and gold panning. He insisted we discuss plans for the next few days over a beer or two on the porch. Very civilised......

2 comments:

Betty Graffis said...

Oh, My Gosh!!! When I show this to my husband........he may have 2nd thoughts about driving to Alaska!! We sure enjoy your Blog.

Chris Guld said...

Ahhh - the famous season at Peace River!! So glad to be able to follow you and Gundy's on your blog. signed 'The Geeks'