Thursday morning we awoke to 27f , and sunny Florida was all WHITE and FROSTY. What a shock that was to all us "snow birds". Out came the long pants and wooly jumpers. Jim had to get up early that morning to play in a pickellball tournament at Torry Oaks, about 8 miles north of here. I decided to get up with him and take a walk down the river and through the nature trail. What a surprise I got. It was magical on the trail, the frost was melting off the trees, and it was like a rain forest in there. I wish Jim could have seen it. When I got down to the river the Turkey Vultures were high in the trees drying their wings, I never tire watching them in the mornings doing this.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Out to Dry
Thursday morning we awoke to 27f , and sunny Florida was all WHITE and FROSTY. What a shock that was to all us "snow birds". Out came the long pants and wooly jumpers. Jim had to get up early that morning to play in a pickellball tournament at Torry Oaks, about 8 miles north of here. I decided to get up with him and take a walk down the river and through the nature trail. What a surprise I got. It was magical on the trail, the frost was melting off the trees, and it was like a rain forest in there. I wish Jim could have seen it. When I got down to the river the Turkey Vultures were high in the trees drying their wings, I never tire watching them in the mornings doing this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment