Wednesday we got all packed up with the help of Will & Lynn.
Will it all go in ????????????????

Camp site in Santander.
We set off from the camp site around 8am Thursday, the plan was to see how the traffic was and at least get North of Madrid, which was around 300 miles.
The roads were so quiet we just kept going and went all the way to Santander Dock, where we were to get the boat from on Saturday morning. This would give us a whole day off from driving, and a chance to have a look around Santander.
So glad I don't have to dry my washing like this.
We got on the boat Saturday morning refreshed and ready for our 23 hour crossing to Portsmouth, England. The sea was calm and our cabin was great, as you can see.
Great day to sail.............
We got on board, had breakfast and set sail about 10.45am. Around 12 noon we went to our cabin where I was all set to put my feet up and do some sewing. "WRONG"!! At 12 noon I was sick for the first time. But because I am on high blood presure pills, and your blood presure drops when you vomit, I passed out. I won't go into detail, but by 11pm, a bump on my head, bruises all over and dehydrated, Jim went to get the Ships Dr. He gave my 3 lots of meds, and I fell asleep. I was never so happy as when I got off that boat. The best medicine of course was seeing my 5 grandchildren, and our daughters, who made, supplied and delivered a great buffet lunch to our house, just after we arrived home.
The boys loved there new jackets.
Grace looked the real "Spanish Girl" in her new dress and shoes.
Could not get a photo of Emma, as she was to busy trying on her 6 pairs of foot wear we got her for her birthday (3 pairs of shoes & 3 pairs of boots) a girl after my own heart..........

No comments:
Post a Comment