Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Algar Waterfalls in Callosa d’en Sarria


RANKIN'S TOURS .

We set off around 10am from the camp ground. With the GPS set, first stop Algar waterfalls, about 80+ miles. This is where they filmed the Timotei hair shampoo advert in the early 90s.

The water is so clear.

Will & Lynn came here about 20 years ago, and could not get over how good it looked now and the wooden stair way was great.

You know me, if there is water, I have to get my feet wet. Maybe it has something to do with my web toes.....

After a great walk all round the falls, with a stop for coffee, we set off for our 2nd stop, Guadalest. Of Islamic origin, Guadalest was a military stronghold of great strategic importance and is the site of several ancient castles, the remains of which can still be seen today - although earthquakes and battles during the War of Spanish Succession (early 18th Century) have reduced these castles to little more than shells. One of its most famous landmarks is the Peñon de La Alcalá tower rising high above the village to watch over the valley below.

Kids and BIG KIDS will all love the castle. It is simply so exciting being in a ruined castle on top of the world. There is also a dungeon to explore. This dungeon doubled up as a water holding tank. Hopefully only when there were no prisoners in there.

We let them out after a bit, as Jim had the car keys and Lynn had the money.

On the way up to Gaudalest we saw a shop on the side of the road selling wine, piontless pots and GOURDS. You may remember, I made a fairy house with one I got in Mexico. Well Emma & Grace wanted one too, so I said I would try and get 2 more. Well I got 3. Now all I have to do is find somewhere to put them to get them home.

This is the first one I made.

Just a couple of ideas of what to do with them

a13

The views from up there were unbelievable. As usual, the photographs dont do it justice.

a15

a12a16

2 comments:

Jan said...

Truly amazing!!! I'm sure it's looks even better in person!

P & C said...

We always enjoy you pictures and stories
P & C