Sunday, May 30, 2010

A busy day of making things.

When I got back from Church today, Jim was pulling his hair out, looking at the instructions on how to put the new BBQ together. So I made us a coffee and 2+ hours later we got it done. And we only had one nut left over. Not bad going for us.



Fairy House - Better Homes & Gardens Magazine - Yahoo!Xtra Lifestyle

Making my "Fairy House".


Now if you know me, you know how I like to make things. Well when we were in Palm Springs California, I saw a "Fairy House", made from a Gourd. The price was $400+. Well wouldn't you just know it, Jim wouldn't go for that, so when I saw a fresh one for sale when we were in Mexico, for just $5.00, I had to buy it, so I could make my own Fairy House. Then of course I had to get it home. It goes without saying, I got it home!!! Two weeks ago, after it was all dried out, I cut out the door's and the windows, then I put on a base coat. Today I started to do the top coats.



WATCH THIS SPACE FOR THE FINISHED HOUSE............

1 comment:

Mark and Chris said...

Don't you mean you had two nuts left over when all was said and done? Or should that be one nut and one nutter? Well done James! Your perseverance speaks loads for the rest of our gender.....:)