We have spoken with Georgina today, and she gave us the results on Joes operation, and the removal of a lump on his knee last week. She was told it was a "rheumatoid nodule", not all that common, but more tests are needed to see if its likely to reoccur, and if so, what, if any, treatment is needed. As the name implies, it is related to rheumatoid arthritis (R A). Further tests will decide whether or not he has that. I get the feeling it may be a long process of tests before we know for sure what the prognosis is. R A is not the surgeon who operated's field, and so he has contacted an R A specialist at Birmingham Childrens Hospital. We will have to wait and see what he wants to do, after Joe has been seen by him.
I will keep the blog posted on any news, as I know he has been in many of your thoughts and prayers, for which we all thankyou.

No comments:
Post a Comment