Monday, March 2, 2009

Our visit to Fort Drum Crystal Mine

Lynn and I set off to the crystal mine at Fort Drum on Friday, and what a great day we had. We set off from the camp ground around 10.00 am, and with me driving, we got to the mine about 11.30 am. With pick axe in one hand and hammer in the other, we attacked the rocks. I had to get Lynn to stop around 2.30pm for some water and a sandwich. After a short break we went back to work, finding some great crystal. We packed up the car at 4.30 to drive home, THEN I said to Lynn "did you get some of that coral?". "Where is that" she asked? and then she set off to get some, and as you can see from the photo she did get some, and more. So we put more rocks in the car and we left for Wauchula just after 5pm getting home around 7pm, Very sore and very dirty.
We plan another visit next week, we must be mad...........









No comments: