This week was Jim's birthday. As luck would have it, I came down with a dreaded bug, which kept me in bed for the first two days of the week. As a double whammy, I also managed to hurt my back, so was not up to doing too much. To the rescue came our friend Barbara, who not only said she would make a cake, but when she delivered it to our motorhome, she produced TWO beautiful looking cakes.
They tasted even better than they looked.
Another of our friends, Chris, (Chris and Mark) also came to my rescue. She practices 'Reflexology,' and she worked on me for 2 days, and for all you skeptics, it worked. My back problem disappeared. And the meals on wheels from Joy and Barb, A BIG THANK YOU.
Yet another of our friends here at Peace River, Bob Hughes, holds "metal art work classes," for the members, and unknown to Jim, I attended one of these classes. With Bobs help and guidance, I made a metal cut out of a "British Bobby" and his Police Dog. As you can see, its mounted on a plinth, and although I say so myself, was very pleased with the result. This was Jim's birthday present from me, and he was both surprised and pleased to receive it. Bob and his wife Cathy also made us (its my birthday soon too) a license plate, showing a "Union Jack" flag, and "British Pickle Ball Players" written underneath. Is that neat or what?
Also, unknown to Jim, we had a little surprise birthday party for him Friday night, at our motor home. Most of our friends who were able to come, came, and after his initial shock, he had a good time. AND he ate LOTS of cake. To all that came, we both give our thanks. Its so great to know we have such wonderful friends here in what is to us, a foreign land.

No comments:
Post a Comment