Me, with the new 'screen' Jim made for me.

Gary's Alcohol loaded banana something or other.
Yesterday the Tamper Fossil club came to the camp ground to spend the day in the river. There must have been 40 to 50 members of the club here. I have never seen the river so full of people. I only spent a couple of hours in the river, as it was so hot and humid, but did manage a few good finds, including an elephants tooth and a horses incisor, to name but two.
As Jim and I were leaving the river, (yes he actually came down with me this time) we were stopped by a couple who are camped down by the river. After discussing with them our finds for the day, Ted related to us a story that I must convey to anyone who reads this. He was fishing, the day before yesterday, near to where I fossil, and after a few small catches, he hooked "The Big One". He only had a 4lb line, so he had to play the fish a while. A short time later, he saw a 'large' 'gator. He said it was 15ft long, but he is a fisherman...... the 'gator started to follow the fish he had on his line, and just as he landed it on the bank, SNAP... the fish and line were gone. The 'gator leaped out of the water onto the bank, and had the lot. I think Ted was lucky that that was all he got.
Our friends Gary and Virginia are set to leave today, so last night was to be their last game of pickleball. Following the game, we had a sort of 'Pot Luck', with the regular players, now down to just 8, bringing good food and drink to the court. After eating plenty, and sampling some of Gary's Banana something or other, but loaded with alcohol, we adjourned to the hot tub and swimming pool. A good time was had by all, until "Bob, The Ranger" came along, just after 10pm and threw us all out. Yes that's our Bob, who now has a job as the night ranger here. Oh well, Rules is Rules as they say....
As I said, Gary and 'Ginny were to leave this morning. That was before the weather forecast, warning of 50mph winds and severe thunder storms, with a tornado watch for our county, Hardy. Well, we still went out and played pickleball as usual, but it wasn't long before the wind got up, and made it all but impossible to continue playing. So, after we got off the court, we stood round talking for a while, when Barbara, of Jim and Barbara fame, came up with a great idea. "Lets all go for Breakfast" she said. That was at 09.50. By 10 am, after we all had gone home and changed our clothes, we were on our way to Betsy's. When you mention food, we can really move. Betsy's is on the '66', just outside of Zolfo Springs, and we can all recommend their breakfasts. While we were in there, the storm arrived, and we managed to persuade Gary to stay one more night, and not risk traveling in bad weather. That will be about the 4th time he has altered his travel plans.


1 comment:
Boy do I miss this! What a smart man you have to make you a new screen..... We all saw the old one you had and "Yes" it was time for a new one..
It was so good to see all of our friends faces once again. Can't wait till next season when we are all back together again. Keep up the great info. I sure wish I knew how to do this. Love ya Joy
Post a Comment