Monday, November 29, 2010

Rotten Weather

I know, I know, I shouldn’t complain, but last Thursday the weather finally broke here, and it either rained or looked like it was going to, dark overcast skies, and very cool temperatures. Until Sunday. The sun came out again, and temps rose to about a max of 21c. Very nice. We paid a final visit to Villaricos street market, and then drove to Mojacar Player, and the Irish Rover Pub/Restaurant for a huge Sunday lunch. There was so much food we had to take a walk along the sea front before we got back in the car for the 30 minuet or so drive home.

Then we woke up this morning. Pouring rain, and the forecast for the coming week is more of the same. Top temp today? …….13c. I hope we don’t have too much bad weather on our drive to the ferry port of Santander on Thursday. I have given us 12 hours, (if we leave on time) to do the 600 miles, which should be ample, but with this bad weather, it might be close…..wish us luck.

Of course we have the English speaking radio on here, Spectrum Radio, and they keep telling us its minus 8 and snowing in Birmingham, and minus 17 further north, with airports in Scotland closed because of snow. So plus 13c doesn’t sound bad, despite the rain.

I must add, I am writing this on “Windows Live Writer”, as we don’t have internet access here in the apartment. We have to go into town and use one of the many internet cafĂ©’s. Our usual place tends to be the Carlos 111 Hotel, in the centre of town. 1 Euro for an hour, and we get freshly made coffee, on demand for 1.50 a cup. Not bad.

But the reason for this little add on, it is 11am, Monday November 29th, I am sitting in the lounge looking out over the balcony at the rain with the lap top, and where is my darling wife???? all wrapped up, and sleeping soundly in bed.

Well is is cold and miserable looking outside……….

No comments: