Tuesday, May 6, 2008

We are Home

Hope the room is big????




Well, we have been at sea a few days now, and you will all be glad to know I have not been sick ............It may be the pills, the wrist band thing or the prayers I know Judy says for me every day, (bless you girlfriend).

We left George and Hilary's around 10am Sunday, April 20th, after George cooked a full English breakfast for Jim, with black pudding, eggs, bacon, tomatoes and sausage, Again, thank you both for looking after us so well and feeding us, as I had run all my food supply down to nil. The drive to Miami was good, getting the 12 pieces of luggage in and out of the car, and to the ship from Downtown Miami, was not. But like magic, it was all in our room later that day.




Farewell Florida


We set sail around 6.30. While eating that evening we were given some Raffle tickets to fill in and told we would have to be at the Galleria shop at 9pm for the draw. As we were out and about around that time we went and, YES!!! I WON, a white gold aquamarine pendant. We sat around the pool on Monday and ate at a few more restaurants, it would be rude not to try them all. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were very hot days so the pool called us again. Then Friday, it got a bit rough and we had a bit of rain. We have gone to most of the shows in the evenings and they have been really good, A magician from the UK one night, he and his girlfriend did the quickest dress changes I have ever seen. The one night a hypnotist asked for 15 volunteers, and said she can guarantee a good nights sleep for anyone that volunteers. (that sold it for me). Not something I will do again but it was something I had never done before, and I have not felt sea sick since she hypnotized me and I did sleep very well that night. But a little uneasy because every time I hear applause I fall asleep which Jim thinks is very funny.

One night we had a very rough night at see, we lay in bed and we could feel the boat going up into the air, hover for a few minutes then it came crashing down with a bang......... and I was sick BUT so was most the other people on the boat that night.



Scrub up well for an old pair.








Not sure who or what he was, saw him in La Caruna.



We had a good visit to the Azores, It was a Sunday, so not a lot open, but saw a very strange thing. A young girl was on her hands and knees going around the cobble stone square by the church. Her knees were bleeding and she was crying, her family were walking by her side, I asked a police man why she was doing it, and he told me she has made some wrong choices in her life (she was about 16) and she was asking the saints for guidance. ????????????

Lisbon (Portugal) was a very nice old city, and we got to get on the Internet.

Pont A Viga (Spain) was also a very nice city. A young lady saw us looking at our map and spent some time with us and walked us to where we wanted to go, then she wanted to take us to lunch. We declined her offer however. We also got to see Cunards newest cruse ship, "The Queen Victoria)

La Caruna (Spain) May Day The town was closed !!!!!!!!!!!! but what we saw was very nice BUT all the shops were closed Jim was very happy.

Waterford (Ireland). To day Jim woke up with a cold, oopps sorry, a "MAN COLD" and we had to go ashore on the small boats and it was very choppy, then we had a 1/2 hour ride into Waterford which was so nice going through the country side. Got Jim some drugs for his cold, and had an early night. Most nights we went to the theater on the boat and saw some great acts.








Last stop, Guernsey, Channel Islands. Again it was a Sunday and it was all closed up. Not a problem for us, as we were not on "holiday" but I felt sorry for all the people that were.

We are now at Genette and Darren's house, and have been to see our house a few times and it looks OK, but needs a few $ spent on it and a lick of paint here and there.



Almost there

Home

1 comment:

Mark and Chris said...

Glad to see you both arrived safely and that you had a great trip home. We are still enroute.

Take care.