Monday, April 14, 2008

A sad farewell to Peace River.



Today we drove the "Tradewinds" out of Peace River. We both said this has been the best winter ever. I enjoyed every minute I spent in the river this year, with old friends and the many new friends I made. I worked out that there is about 300 "Peace River Old Fossilers" out there now. So to all you old fossilers, thank you for some of the best memories ever. And lets hope the river washes down some good "stuff" for next year, and that the Tampa Fossil Club leaves some things behind. Any of you Old Fossilers that read this blog, have a great summer, and get your reservations in for Peace River for next winter.
We are now parked at very good friends, George and Hillary's, where we will stay until our boat leaves Miami, for "Dear Old Blighty". We will be leaving the rig and car with them while we are away.

1 comment:

JB and Karen said...

We wish you a safe journey with smooth waters to the UK, Jim and Jane. Enjoy your time with your family. It was great spending the winter with you and look forward to crossing paths again down the road.

Ranger John and Karen