
On Monday I went down into the river to Fossil, and was joined by 7 new "Old Fossilers." The water was so nice and cool, as it was over 85F on land. After about 30 minutes digging in a hole I had been working on for over a week, I dug out a Woolly Mammoth tooth. I was so excited, just holding it in my hand and knowing it is so very old makes me feel so very lucky to have found it. My new fossilers came over and we all set out to find the rest of it !!!!!!!!!. Two hours, later no Woolly Mammoth skeleton, but Jay, one of my fossilers, got a very nice Great White shark tooth, and the rest of the group got some nice "bits and pieces." And a lot of very sore backs.

1 comment:
Hi Miss Jane,
Chris Guld (Geeks on Tour) sent me your blog address. Wow! What a tooth. You were nice enough to make us a gift of a horse tooth when we were there a short while back. Since we were there, we have had some marvelous adventure as well and I thought I would take the opportunity to contact you and send you our blog address as well. Look it over. I think you will recognize someone in the pics (that would be you!) and some of the fossils as well. We will be back there in March. Hope you are still there to go exploring with us in the river. Chris said to tell you they miss you very much. Check out our blog at:
http://www.gundyville.blogspot.com
If you ever would like to write to us, our e mail is: gregumar@yahoo.com
Our warmest regards to you,
Greg and Marilyn Gundy
Post a Comment