We have been here almost a week already, I can't believe how quick the time flys by. On Monday, we visited with my aunt and uncle , who live in Fonthill, about 30 miles or so from here. They served us a great lunch, and their daughter Gail, my cousin, came from work to see us. It was nice to see them all again. Hopefully we will get to see them again before we head off for Florida.
We are very close to Niagara Falls, about 20 Min's drive from Sherkston, so of course we have been to have a look. I never tire of seeing them they really are magnificent.http://www.city.niagarafalls.on.ca/
Up until yesterday, the weather here has been pretty good, quite hot and sunny, with an occasional shower. That all changed yesterday, around lunch time the wind increased, by late afternoon the rain started, and by 9pm, we brought the slide-out in, as we thought the topper would be ripped off. The light show was superb, but I really did think on a couple of occasions we were going to be blown over. This morning, the park seems to have escaped relatively unscathed, one or two branches laying on the ground, but the poor people who were living under canvass, we saw so many tents totally destroyed. Also some people have left their pop-ups on site, and visit at weekends. If they come this weekend, most will have some serious cleaning up and repair work to do. Will post some photos as soon as I can.

No comments:
Post a Comment