Just like homeWe do like Ottawa, maybe its the Parliament Buildings and The Peace Tower ( looks a bit like Big Ben ), so reminds us of home.
We went on a tour of the House of Commons and the Senate. On another day we walked round the shopping and downtown area of the city. Such a nice and easy city to walk around and the fruit and veg market was so nice, we came home with so much stuff, I will be making "fruit smoothies" for weeks.
We are at a campground in metropolitan Toronto now, (although we are an hour away from Downtown Toronto) called Trout Water Family Camping. www.troutwatercamping.com. Small, friendly and we have WIFI access in our RV. Its right near the centre of Kawartha Lakes country, with many small and picturesque towns, the main one being a town called Lindsay. Supposed to have the widest main street in Ontario. Lindsay has all the big box stores, and a shopping mall on the edge of town, but still has managed to retain its town centre, with many different small shops. Well worth a visit. Despite, as I have said there are many big box stores in Lindsay, there is no Wal-Mart, good heavens, what will we do. Not to worry, about the same distance in the opposite direction, is a small town called Uxbridge. Equaly picturesque, but a Wal-Mart on the edge of town. Phew!!!!
We will be here till the 5th Sept. Then its on to Sherkston Shores www.sherkston.com for a month. We stayed there 2 years ago, so know what its like. We hope to leave the RV there when we fly home on the 5th Oct. Its right on Lake Erie, and has its own private HUGE sandy beach, and its very close to Niagara Falls, which I will never tire of seeing. Also of course I will need at least a month to TRY and pack all our bags for our trip home. We are only allowed 40 pounds checked baggage each...... I can feel an excess baggage charge coming on. I have told Jim he can wear two jumpers on the plane, and he will only need ONE pair of shoes for home, (that will give me more room for my 6 pairs of shoes) you know what I mean don't you girls.

1 comment:
Great Blog. We liked Ottawa also. Take care and hope to see you again soon
Early & Cyn, Blue 'Roo
Post a Comment